Thursday, March 19, 2009

A year ago today..........





A year ago today at 8:32 pm my life changed dramatically. I became a Mommy. The most important job I will ever have in my life. I became responsible for a 6 lb 15 oz baby girl. Madison Elizabeth. My life would never be the same.

I wondered if I was capable to do the job. I wanted to do everything right and perfect.

When I first laid eyes on her I couldn't believe how beautiful she was. (I know every Mom says that) But truly. She is so gorgeous. She has her father's chin and my big brown eyes. I can remember when everyone left the room except Britt and I. And we just looked at each other and I could see the happiness in his eyes. And I know he could see it in mine. We sang her "Happy Birthday" and I was crying the whole time.

She has made my life so much more complete. I have never loved anyone as much as I love her. She is my heart and soul. I am so blessed to have in her my life.

She has grown so much in the past year. I can not believe it's even been a year yet. It went by too fast. I miss when she would do nothing, but sleep. Now she runs,plays,screams,and crawls everywhere. I love it. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

congrats, mommy. Your post made me cry. I know I am going to wake up tomorrow and Myles will be a year old and remember how small he was and how we snuggled while he slept.

Happy birthday to Madi!! :) You need to come over and visit.

thetoddlerwhisperer said...

Treasure every moment, they do go so fast. I love how you sang her happy bday at the hospital!!

me said...

so sweet. carissa and kayla sang happy birthday to jonas at the hospital... treasured memories are the ones we hold onto the longest.

sorry for the late comment.. i've been slacking on blogger lately.