Sunday, March 8, 2009

Party Madness

I did not know planning a 1st birthday party would be so difficult. I want everything to be perfect. My family is telling me she won't even remember so why stress myself out. I guess it's because I want to take tons of pics and her to look back when she's older and say "wow!! That was an awesome 1st birthday mom". I just want to be a good momma.

I mean the cake is stressing me out because of the ignorant people at Walmart. I want a blue cake with purple trim with purple flowers. And on the cake I want it to say "Happy 1st Birthday Princess Madison." What is so hard about that? They were looking at me like I was nuts!

Anywho. Madi's party will be on the 14th. I'm excited. I will probably cry though. I mean this is my baby; my first born. She's already walking and somewhat talking. She is still nursing like a champ. And I don't think she will give it up anytime soon. Which is no problem to me. I love nursing her. It's our special time together.

The only thing I think I'm not excited about is "hosting". I mean don't get me wrong. I love my family. They can just be rather crazy sometimes and I just don't have the tolerance for it.

But I will post pics of the party when it happens. :)

2 comments:

thetoddlerwhisperer said...

You are absolutely normal to want her birthday to be perfect!! It's her birthday, but it is your memories you are making, too. I have been spending a lot of time researching frosting recipes, figuring out favors, and just planning this party too. Madi is lucky to have such a great momma as you!! When party day comes, however, you need to just relax and enjoy...okay!?!

Ashley said...

i agree with the whisperer. she's lucky to have such a great momma. and ENJOY the day when it comes. you'd hate to look back at her 1st bday and only remember the cake.