This year has by far been the craziest. So much has happened. In March I had Madi. Which was the most beautiful and the most painful thing that happened to me. She is getting bigger and bigger everyday and it makes me want to cry every time she conquers a milestone, but I know that she can't be a baby forever even though I want her to. She has truly filled my life with so much joy.
Britt had surgery on his knee in Feb and hasn't been to work since! Blah. Having him home is nice, but my lord. It's almost been a year since he has worked! ha I can't believe it, but thank god for workmen's comp. I don't know what we would have done without it. He is healing nicely. He isn't able to do certain things he used to, but I am just glad no more surgeries for right now. He had two in 4 months. Hopefully he will be able to get an awesome job this year so things can get back to normal around the house.
We got full custody of my Step Daughter in March and that was another highlight. No more having to worry about her crazy egg donor anymore. She is such a smart child and I am so happy that she is here with us now and safe. She grows more and more each day and I love her so much.
We went on our first family trip to tennessee this summer and it was so awesome! So many moutains and just open land. Even though we had two car seats, a 65 pound dog, a weiner dog and Britt and I in a 4 door Honda for a 12 hour trip. The trip was still fun! Haha
I think I have grown up a lot this year. 2008 did bring some stress to my life, but I don't regret anything I've done. I'm just so blessed I have my family and friends. And that's really all I need. So bring it on 2009. I'm ready.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
wow. a whole lot has happened to you!! How amazing!! You are doing a great job dealing with all those new adventures in your life!! This is great knowing what is going on with you!!
p.s. I love seeing the sights your intersted in, I love making homemade baby food!
Post a Comment