Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Detoxing.

I'm thinking about doing a detox on my body. I've been reading up on some. Like the Water Detox. Or the Juice Detox. I really want to do it. One to get rid of some of the toxins in my body and just to cleanse it. I feel so sluggish and bloated all the time.
I'm going to research it a bit more though to see which one is the best.

I forgot to update though on Madison. She had her 15 month appt about a month ago. It wasn't my regular Doc that was their. It was a Nurse Practitioner. Anywho She was concerned about Madi's weight. From her 12 month to her 15 month she had only gained 4 ounces. She was 19 lbs 10 oz. The doc said her weight should be at about 23 lbs. I was pretty shocked. Madison is just a small kid. I was small too at her age. Anywho the advice she gave me was outrageous. She basically told me to feed her ice cream and chocolate milk everyday for a month to "fatten" her up. I was appalled that she was even suggesting that. And the sad thing is. If I wasn't as informed as I am about nutrition unlike some people in the world I would of followed her advice. Many people just take their doctor's advice like it is golden information. You can not trust everyone. I like to do research.

She tried to "scare" me with the "well if she doesn't gain weight we will have to do tests". I looked at her as if she had lost her mind. No test will be run on my child until I see a reason for them to be done. I don't think anything is wrong with her. She has always had a problem eating, but I know that she is getting enough to eat.

She has a follow up weight check today to see if she has gained anything. I will update later.

2 comments:

thetoddlerwhisperer said...

Be sure to use a colon cleanse first, because if it isn't cleansed first, all the toxins that your body releases in a detox cleanse will just settle right in your colon. I am in the process of figuring out which colon cleanse to do.

Your doc was an idiot. My little lady has been in the low weight category all her life, but is growing at her own curve...much like, I'm sure, your lady is too! :)

Ashley said...

how is the detoxing going?