Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Miss America Controversy
I felt the need to comment on this because it is really bothering me.
Yes. She said she didn't agree with gay marriage and that she believes that it should be between a man and a woman. What is wrong with that? Yes I understand people including myself believe everyone should have equal marriage rights. I would never want someone to tell me I couldn't marry my husband because I'm black and he's white. Even though not even 50 years ago that was the case.
This is HER opinion. And that is MY opinion. I think everyone is getting in a hissy because some didn't like her answer. Well I think some people need to understand not everyone is going to agree with the same opinion.
It makes me mad because some people are bashing her for what SHE believes in.
I think people expected her to say "yes, I believe in gay marriage" just for the fact that she was ask by a gay man. And that she should have been politically correct. Which is absurd. She said what she believes in and that should be it. Whether you agree or not. She is allowed her opinion and the people that disagree are allowed theirs. But I just think people are taking it to far.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
agreed.
word!
I feel the same way! You shouldn't ask a question as if there is an option to agree or disagree if there is already a predetermined "correct" answer.
Post a Comment