Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Just not really up to blogging lately. And nothing really exciting has happened. I have lost a total of 4 pounds now. So that's good. I just hope the weight keeps coming off. I'm pretty proud of myself.
I've been pretty busy planning Alyssa's and Madison's birthday parties. Alyssa's is going to be a Chuckie Cheese's. And Madi's is going to be at our house with some friends and her little friends. I'm really excited about it. I can't believe Alyssa is going to be five and Madi will be one. I'm sad. It seems like yesterday Madi was just a little itty bity baby. Now she is trying to walk and she's babbling words. It's fun to see her grow, but just sad.
She still isn't sleeping though. She still get's up about every hour wanting to nurse. It's honestly really frustrating, but I can not and will not let her cry it out. Even though Britt,my mom, and even our Ped is saying I should. I honestly believe I am doing what is right. I know she will eventually sleep through the night. So until then I guess.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
when is her birthday?
i have the same problem with the sleeping/nursing thing. We don't nurse at all at night any more. He wanted to every 3 hours and so one night I timed when he nursed and for how long, then the following nights I would wake him up 1 hour before he woke up on his own and nursed him taking away a minute or two each night until the time was gone. We still wake up once I think at 3 but he has been pushing it to 4 so that is 730 to 430 without feeding, then he sleeps again until 650ish.
About the crying thing, i had the same issue. (stilldo) BUT I had to tell myself I am not an evil mommy, I am just teaching my child a very valuable lesson: how to self soothe & put himself to sleep. We still have issues and according to his cry I know wether its just being grouchie or he really doesn't want to be there. Many mom's say it takes only up to 4 days & i know he learned something during that time but like I said we still have problems. What we did was a step up system. I would put him down using a strict bedtime routine: bath, dress, nurse, story , with white noise (we use the same CD every-night). Then when it is time to put him down he had to be wake still( sometime i cheat). Then you time him. If he cries I go check on him in 5 minutes. Pop in tell him i love him, that i'm here and all that good stuff for up to 30 second: NO TOUCHING! You can but it will just make it harder for the both of you. Then I come back in 10 minutes, then 15, and we never go longer than that 15 minutes. He falls alseep during that time. Now in the middle of the night is a different story. Since we share a room it is so hard hearing him cry and yell while i'm trying to sleep & I don't want him to wake everyone up so I loaded his crib with a bunch of binkies and I come over with a little sippy cup of water and usually he can get back to sleep shortly after. He's improving but I think it's because he has that super important skill of self soothing. Plus, nap time routines are WONDERFUL now! I only chose to do this because I was concerned about his sleep schedule and nothing else was working. Pick and choose what you'd like, if you'd like to read more of what pattern I pick and choose from check out this book from the library or take a look at the sight. www.sleepyplanet.com.. LIke I said do what you think is most comfortable. I was just getting sick of both of our poor sleep in our "family bed" situation. Now, even tho he still wakes I know he is getting better quality sleep!
I heard a quote once that was like even when our children our teenagers they won't go to sleep. They really won't go to sleep until they leave the house! if that makes you feel better! My Ped told me I should let him cry longer than 5 minutes but I liked my plan because I really wanted him to know I wasn't abandoning him. Oh the most important part!! You have to wake her up before she wakes herself up!! Make a time. At night that is hard for me but we have 1 hour & 15 minute naps and at the time I wake him up and tell him what a great job he did and give him all my love if he had a hard time crying. Stick with the time even if he cried for a lot of it.. That will let her know that was nap time so take advantage. Okay, i guess I have a lot to say on this subject because I feel your pain!
OH, P.S. Because I know you are passionate about this. I almost was about to quit nursing because he didn't want me anymore. He was biting and not giving me the time of day. I gave up 2 days (he was fine with it) but i've never seen my baby "spit up" so much and at night I would cry because I missed our sweet bond! It was horrible!! lol so we started up again.. ( my little personal story to you!!) It's the saddest day ever!! I'm not looking forward to it again, but he's such an independent eater I'm just not good enough for him any more and I know it will be sooner than I want.. sad huh!?..lol
*sorry you have those missing comments: I put them in the wrong order!
Thanks Gloria for your advice. I still just don't feel comfortable in letting her just cry. I'm sorry he was biting you and not taking you anymore. I really don't have to worry about that with Madi. She is literally stuck to me all the time. She loves to nurse and to also comfort nurse all of the time. Which I don't mind. I hope he continues to nurse for as long as you want him too! Oh and her birthday is on March 19th but we are having her part on the 14th
I'm so sorry you are having such a hard time with sleeping. I totally can understand how you don't want Madi to cry it out. I don't particularly believe in it myself. But to each his own. You have to do what you are comfortable with and what you believe is best for you baby. At least that's the great advise you've been giving me!! :)
So, as I have absolutely no advise to give, I'll share with you a book/website one of my friends pointed me to that has helped her 19 month old sleep without crying it out. The book is called Good Night, Sleep Tight by Kim West and this is her website- http://www.sleeplady.com/
My friend swears by it so I hope it can help you as well. If you do try to book out, let me know how it works b/c I'm sure i'll be struggling with this soon too. :)
BTW, when are we hanging out?
Post a Comment